Podcast Episode #486
Like us all, pastors and church leaders only have a certain amount of time in their week. So it’s important to know what can lead to time drain during the week. Today, we discuss six such items.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Social media can be used for good but it can really eat up your time if you let it.
- Being well rested helps you be more productive when you’re awake.
- Weddings are one of the functions that pastors do which consume the most amount of time. All the related events really add up.
- Having a good assistant you can empower will redeem copious amounts of time for a pastor.
The six time drainers we discuss are:
- Drop by and casual conversations
- Social media
- Long drives to hospitals and other visits
- Handling minutia
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.