SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
We continue a discussion that was started on Episode 63 about giving in churches and how it can impact churches in need of revitalization.
- We often take giving for granted in churches.
- Churches often have tight financials because of their spending habits, not because of low income.
- Seeking out capital giving is typically not discussed in churches but should be.
- The reason members don’t give capital funds or legacy gifts to the church is often because the church or pastor doesn’t ask for them.
The three income buckets that we discuss are:
- First bucket: income giving
- Second bucket: capital giving
- Third bucket: legacy giving
We also give a quick overview of an upcoming episode of Rainer on Leadership (Episode #482) on Should the Pastor Have Visibility to Members’ Giving? Look for that episode on November 6.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Revitalize Network
- Where to Get Funding in a Revitalization
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.