Podcast Episode #488
Preaching trends are changing in churches. Today, we look at why many preachers are preaching less every year and why that’s a good thing.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Not only are pastors preaching fewer weeks per year, but they’re preaching fewer times per week as well.
- Having a plurality of preachers in a church allows you the opportunity to raise up more people for pastoral ministry.
- A plurality of preachers in a church diminishes the likelihood of a church becoming centered around the personality of one person.
- Newer churches are building a plurality of preachers into their DNA and many more established churches are moving that way as well.
The five trends we discuss are:
- Traditional model of 48 to 50 weeks a year is diminishing.
- The multiple times a week model is diminishing as well.
- The 40X model is increasing.
- The plurality of preaching/teaching model is increasing.
- As a rule, the younger the age of the church, the greater the likelihood for trends three and four to be in place.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.