SUBSCRIBE TODAY: iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play
Churches in need of revitalization often need facility help, too. Today we discuss ways to improve your facility without too much expense.
Today’s Listener Question from Morris:
Our facility is our biggest weakness as a church. It’s not used during the week, and we don’t have much money to improve it. How do we maximize its use and are there people who can help us improve it without it costing an arm and a leg?
Some highlights from today’s episode:
- It’s often easier for churches to share facilities with religious non-profits due to sharing a common mission.
- When you make your church facility available for public use, make sure you do it with a ministry-centric purpose.
- Consider what immediate improvements could be made to your facility and see if your church could be the subject of another church’s missions project.
- The easiest way to know what improvements your facility needs is to conduct a church facility audit.
The six ideas that we discuss are:
- Share space with a non-profit
- Create a partnership with an ethnic church
- Find out what you can do immediately to a facility
- Seek an renovation ministry to come to your church
- Use the facility for community events
- Ask the city if they could use the church facilities
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Church Facility Audit
- Cool Solutions
- Revitalize Network
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Scrappy Church and Reclaiming Glory.