Podcast Episode #503
Worship attendance swings can be dramatic in local churches. Today we discuss why that is and how to combat it.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Your church attendance pattern is more of a factor of what your church members are doing than an effect of cultural Christianity.
- Churches with on-campus groups often have smaller attendance variances than those with off-campus or in-home groups.
- When there is an entry point for church membership, member accountability is higher and involvement is usually greater.
- Sunday morning can be a difficult time to make it to worship for up to 1/3 of your community due to work arrangements or other factors.
The six points we discuss are:
- It’s not all cultural
- The power of on-campus groups
- Leadership involvement > ministry involvement
- Still more emphasis on entry points
- Urgent follow-up on entry points
- Is it time for a renewal of options?
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.