Seven Warning Signs of Inward Focus in a Church
- There are very few attempts to minister to those in the community.
- Church business meetings become arguments over preferences and desires.
- Members in the congregation are openly critical of the pastor, other church leaders in the church.
- Any change necessary to become a Great Commission church is met with anger and resistance.
- The past becomes the hero.
- Culture is seen as the enemy instead of an opportunity for believers to become salt and light.
- Pastors and other leaders in the church become discouraged and withdraw from effective leadership.
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- God gave your church its address for a reason.
- I abhor the words “I love you pastor, but…”
- When the past becomes the hero, your future becomes irrelevant.
- Many churches are fighting culture so much that they fail to live out the Great Commission.