Podcast Episode #513
We get a lot of questions through Church Answers and at the blog. Today, we take time to answer some of the unique ones we receive.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- If you’re not intentional about being outwardly focused, a small group can easily become a small clique.
- Technology provides churches opportunities to reach and disciple people in ways that were previously not available.
- It’s better to decide on a staffing structure and hire according to that rather than just hiring people and coming up with a structure after the fact.
The six questions we answer are:
- How do you do a psychiatric hospital visit?
- Can small groups become small cliques?
- What do I do if my receptionist/assistant (female) and I (male) are the only people who work in the church offices?
- What new media and technology is gaining traction in churches?
- What is text giving and how does it work?
- How do you staff in a multisite church?
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.