Podcast Episode #515
Corporate prayer is instrumental in shaping the DNA of a church. A praying church is often one who realizes that they are fully dependent on God’s power. Today, we discuss five ways you can increase the power and frequency of prayer in your church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Responsive readings and corporate guided prayer have declined in popularity in worship services. Maybe we contemplate bring them back.
- “Publicly declaring the excellencies of Christ and the greatness of God—what pastor wouldn’t want that in their church?”
- God is in the business of answering prayers.
- An effective prayer ministry follows up with requests.
The five ways we discuss are:
- Incorporate intercessory worship prayer warriors.
- Make options clear in the worship services.
- Have two minutes of praise for answered prayers.
- Pray over prayer walkers
- Show prayer responses from an intercessory prayer site.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
The ministry landscape is changing, and the need for biblical training is more necessary than ever. It’s time to get your Master of Divinity degree. The M.Div —Midwestern Seminary’s flagship degree program — is the primary track for ministry preparation. At just 81 hours, the Midwestern M.Div offers a complete foundation for full-time ministry leaders, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Join other students in vibrant Kansas City as you train in a unique collaborative environment focused on the local church or study online in your current ministry context. Midwestern Seminary is developing a discipleship culture devoted to the local church and committed to God’s unchanging Word. Why not start your training today?
Find out more at mbts.edu/mdiv.
Vanderbloemen Search Group is the premier pastor search firm dedicated to helping churches and ministries build great teams. They’ve helped thousands of churches just like yours find their church staff and are uniquely geared to help you discern who God is calling to lead your church.
For more information, visit WeStaffTheChurch.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.