8 Common Characteristics of Successful Church Revitalizations
- The pastor formed an alliance of key influencers in the church
- The influencers made a commitment to pray daily for revitalization
- The church made a commitment to look like the community
- The church boldly confronted the issue of sacred cows
- Leadership developed a clear and compelling vision
- Leadership communicated a sense of urgency
- The pastor was willing to endure a season of intense criticism
- The leadership of the church was willing to let go of members
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- When you listen to members in the church, you build trust that can help you lead more effectively.
- Successful revitalization often doesn’t place until the church decides it must look more like the community.
- Churches need to do away with the idolatry of sacred cows.
- Your church needs to have a clear and compelling vision.