Nine Traits of a Community-Focused Church
- Reaches out to community leaders.
- Intentionality about being where the people are.
- The community of eating out and coffee houses.
- Helping where the community says they need it.
- Intentionally evangelistic
- Intentionally invitational
- In the key civic groups
- In key political meetings
- In the schools
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- If you want your church to connect with the community, you have to be where the people are.
- Pastors and church staff shouldn’t be expected to be in the office at all times. They need to be in the community with people.
- Your church should identify and help its community where it needs help most and use this to share the gospel.
- Pastors should be known by local political leaders—not in a partisan way, but to show that your church cares for its community.