iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
A church’s attitude toward membership can hurt revitalization. Today, we expand on seven reasons why.
- “I give therefore I get” is the essence of the entitlement mentality in the church.
- High expectation churches are highly functioning churches.
- When you’re focused on doing things that actually matter, you don’t have time for things that don’t matter.
- If you have an unhealthy view of church membership—one that’s inwardly focused—your church will likely neglect its community.
The seven reasons we discuss are:
- It creates an entitlement mentality.
- It lowers expectations.
- It is a distraction from the mission.
- It causes neglect of the community.
- It creates frustration and discouragement among the pastor and other leaders.
- It neglects evangelism.
- It hurts unity.
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- I Am a Church Member Video Study
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.