Podcast Episode #548
Church members who are determined to be unifying can change the entire ethos of a church, and a church with unifying church members is a blessing to a pastor.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Be intentional about prayer and about what you’re praying for.
- Words of encouragement for your pastor really mean a lot because pastors hear more criticism than you can imagine.
- Giving abundantly has more to do with the attitude of the giver than the amount of the gift.
- Gossip in the church is unhealthy and can hurt the ministry and witness of a church.
The seven ways to be a unifying church member that we discuss are:
- Pray for the church
- Encourage the pastor and staff
- Encourage other church members
- Give abundantly
- Don’t gossip
- Forgive others
- Serve joyfully
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- I Am a Church Member Video Study Guide
- She Reads Truth with Raechel Myers and Amanda Bible Williams
- Echo Prayer App
- Church Answers
- WooMarriage.com/freetrial – Use offer code LEADERSHIP at checkout
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
Today’s episode is sponsored by Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Be sure to check out Midwestern’s Doctorate of Ministry Degree. The D.Min. is an advanced degree preparing students for leadership in local churches and denominational service. It is also fully attainable in hybrid format which means you don’t have to move to pursue the degree.
Find out more at mbts.edu/dmin.