iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Sometimes a wholesale revitalization isn’t what’s needed in a church. More often than not, small changes can make a big difference. Today, we discuss eight of those times.
- It’s entirely possible for a church to be growing numerically yet still be in dire need of revitalization.
- Apathy is dangerous for a pastor or church staff member.
- One of the biggest dangers for pastors is ignoring conflict and not addressing it.
- The size and impact of your ministry footprint is more important than the numbers in the pews.
The eight times we discuss are:
- Almost every year
- When attendance stagnates or declines
- When leaders become apathetic
- When conflicts increase
- When the community is neglected
- When the facilities are neglected
- When the welcome team/greeters gather in holy huddles
- When there are few conversions
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.