iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
Revitalization and replanting require changes to be made. Not all church members like this change and will resist. Today, we cover six reasons why.
- The stigma of the need for church revitalization or replanting is going away.
- The sameness of church can easily become an idol in a society that is ever-changing.
- Nostalgia doesn’t really bring you lasting happiness. It just brings momentary relief.
- Not every pastor is the right fit for every church.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- Power groups
- Mismatched leadership style
- Failure to stay current
- Seeking wrong solutions
- Facility focus and woes
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Replanter Assessment
- Find more resources at the Revitalize & Replant page at ThomRainer.com
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.