Podcast Episode #557
Church culture is important to the outreach of a church, and subsequently, how much members will invite others. Today we discuss how inviting can create and improve the church culture.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Church culture is important because it is to be a reflection of the gospel in a local church.
- If you provide invitation cards to church members, they are more likely to invite others to church than if they don’t have something to hand to others.
- Having a healthy church culture has much more to do than the worship style of the church being “cool.”
- A welcome team is a worthless team if it is not a joyous team.
The six reasons we discuss are:
- Invitations are natural and desired.
- The first-time guest becomes an inviter.
- The welcome team loves their ministry.
- The pastor is naturally inclined to encourage invitations to church.
- The worship spirit is strong.
- Energy and time are expended on those things that really matter.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast
- Church Answers
- Six Ways Toxic Members Deter Invitations to Church – Rainer on Leadership #556
- Invite Your One
- Sample Invitation card
Rainer on Leadership is a member of the LifeWay Leadership Podcast Network
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.
Vanderbloemen has 12 Vanderbloemen Differences that allow them to serve their clients better than anyone else. One of those is Theology Matters. Vanderbloemen’s staff has more seminary and theological experience than any other search firm with 250+ collective years of church leadership experience.
To learn more about all 12 of Vanderbloemen’s Differences, visit VanderDifference.com.
If you have a question you would like answered on the show, fill out the form on the podcast page here at ThomRainer.com. If we use your question, you’ll receive a free copy of Becoming a Welcoming Church.