Nine Reasons Christians Fail to Evangelize
- Many don’t know what “evangelism” is.
- We have few evangelistic role models.
- Some church members aren’t convinced about lostness.
- Some churches have provided no evangelism training.
- Fear of the unknown halts our efforts.
- We’ve “gotten over” our salvation.
- Pastors aren’t taking the lead in evangelism.
- We don’t really know many lost people anyway.
- We don’t care about non-believers.
Some highlights from today’s Rainer Report:
- Too many church members aren’t concerned for the lostness around them.
- A lot of churches eliminated evangelism programs due to lack of interest, but didn’t replace them with anything.
- We need to be more intentional about evangelism training in our churches.
- Pastor, if your church is not evangelistic, look first in the mirror.