iTunes • RSS • Stitcher • TuneIn Radio • Google Play • Spotify
In today’s episode Dr. Rainer unpacks his most recent research project that studied the revived church. The qualitative research reveals 7 characteristics of churches that have moved from dying to revived.
Episode highlights include:
- We have a tendency to blame others of the plight we find ourselves.
- Churches that are revived expanded their score card to include faith conversions.
- Revived churches got serious about prayer and prayed for other churches in their community.
- There are toxins in churches, and when left in the church toxins will be fatal over time.
- A toxic person is not a critic but has a repeated pattern of being divisive.
The 7 characteristics are…
- Accepting Responsibility
- Overcoming the Traps of Traditions
- Expanding the Scorecard
- Committing to Powerful Prayer
- Dealing with Toxins
- Seeking Silver Bullets No More
- Creating Meaningful Membership
Submit Your Question:
Do you have a question about church revitalization or replanting for us to use on the podcast? Visit the podcast page to submit your question. If we use it on the show, you’ll get a copy of Autopsy of a Deceased Church and Reclaiming Glory.