Podcast Episode #600
The welcoming ministry at your church is incredibly vital to the growth of your church. Thom and Sam celebrate the progress being made and discuss how churches can continue to strengthen this ministry.
- Celebrating the progress!
- The forgotten role of outside greeters
- Bring the tents back!
- Signage, signage, signage
- Still needed: sanctuary/worship service greeters
- Church greeters are not just for the inside of the building.
- Welcome tents serve as a visual point of reference for guests.
- Most church members don’t think about signage because they don’t need signage.
- A church without good signage is like a home that says “no trespassing”.
- How do we close the gap between visitors who arrive early and members who are always late?
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.