Podcast Episode #610
We are one month into 2020 and there is much we can learn about anticipated trends and how churches can begin to connect the dots and prepare for the future. While some trends you will expect, others will be new and our hope is that these four trends will be informative.
- Worship sizes will grow significantly smaller.
- There will be a significant increase in the number of worship services offered at times other than Sunday morning.
- Church facilities will undergo dramatic transformation.
- Attendance will become a greater emphasis.
- While average weekly attendance in worship will grow smaller this trend does not infer lower overall attendance.
- The conversation among pastors is moving from size of worship space to quantity of worship opportunities.
- Thursday evening worship services may become a popular choice for creating a new service time.
- As churches build smaller worship space they will often times concurrently build larger community and common space.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Church Answers
- Church Consultation University
- Revitalize 2020
- Church of the Year Nominations
- Cosco & Associates
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.