Podcast Episode #613
We think this episode is unique because of its specificity. Over the course of today’s episode of Rainer on Leadership, Thom and Sam debate the pros and cons of keeping pastoral candidates’ identities confidential until being formally presented.
- No. The congregation can’t make an informed decision if they are told at the last minute.
- Yes. The current church of the pastoral candidate will be stressed and in limbo until a decision is made.
- No. If the call is meant to be, God will protect the candidate and the candidate’s church.
- Yes. If the call of the pastor fails, the pastor may effectively have no church.
Resources mentioned in today’s podcast:
- Rainer on Leadership Episode #611
- The Discipleship Funnel – FREE Webinar
- Church Future Indicator
- Evangelism in the 21st Century – Thom S. Rainer
- Anatomy of a Revived Church – Thom S. Rainer
Vanderbloemen has been serving churches for nine years, but did you know that Vanderbloemen also serves Christian schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses? So if you’re listening, and you know a Christian school, nonprofit, or values-based business that is hiring, contact our friends at Vanderbloemen for your staffing needs.
For more information, visit Vanderbloemen.com.
The mission at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission. The school offers more than 40 different degree programs, including the new Master of Arts in Church Revitalization in partnership with Church Answers and the Revitalization Network. This 37-hour degree is designed to help students move established churches from flatlining to flourishing.
Learn about this program and more by visiting sebts.edu. Where are you going? Southeastern will help you get there.